Game News Sonic Origins takes a video update on all the game modes in SEGA’s collection
Before Sonic Frontiers, fans of the blue hedgehog will be treated to the retro Sonic Origins compilation this month. Comprising four cult titles from the license, this compilation also includes several new game modes more suited to contemporary gaming. A few days before its release, SEGA shares a final explanatory video.
The Ultimate Retro Sonic Compilation
Sonic Origins continues to show itself a few days before its release. Last week, SEGA continued to promote its title during Sonic Central to once again present the different game modes included in this compilation. Today, the publisher shares with us this time a long commented trailer to detail all the content of Sonic Origins.
So concretely, what to expect for those who will launch an assault on compilation? In addition to the four games available, namely Sonic the Hedgehog, Sonic the Hedgehog 2, Sonic & Knuckles and sonic cdall four of these titles will be playable in different modes detailed in the video above.
Sonic Origins game modes
Each of the games included in Sonic Origins will be available via a menu, which will allow you to launch these titles in the mode of your choice. Modes, there are six in total:
- Anniversary Mode: This mode corresponds to the remaster of each of the titles of the compilation, with a new graphics engine, a 16:9 format and an unlimited number of lives.
- Classic Mode: Mode intended for those who want an experience closer to the original versions. Here, we find a 4:3 format and the original Game Over system.
- Story Mode: All four games form a continuity, the titles are linked one after the other. This game mode also benefits from animated sequences specially produced for Sonic Origins, which connect the apps together.
- Boss Rush: Here, we successively face all the Bosses of the four games.
- Fashion mission: Missions must be completed in all games. Each completed mission earns you a score and points.
- Mirror Mode: All the games in the compilation are playable…in reverse.
Finally, the video also details the new system of corners, the coins to be obtained in each of the games which, for example, allow you to instantly redo a special level in the event of defeat. Coins also unlock content for the museum.
As a reminder, Sonic Origins will be released on June 23 on PC, PS5, PS4, Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch.